Thursday, November 11, 2010

N'Sync

The memories I remember the most vividly are the ones from my childhood. I miss so much of the things that I use to do, I use to have. Oh man... to relive those days for just a while... it would be so awesome. Running around in the snow with my snowsuit, actually enjoying the winter, enjoying the outdoors... how different it was back then. I sometimes wish I never came to know electronics. Flying down the big hill by my house on my bike with my arms high up in the air without a care in the world. Running on the field til I got too tired. Playing soccer and getting winded leading me to vow to never touch a soccer ball ever again (I actually really like soccer). Man, what happened to me?
I miss talking on the phone, flashing each other so we could all have a conversation together... and later getting in trouble for spending too much money on it. It was worth it. Going over to my friend's house to just hang out, bike and get slurpees. I miss sitting around talking about boys and how stupid they were, playing pranks on our friends, causing a ruckus in out neighborhood. I miss the innocence, the moments where it really didn't matter where we were as long as we had fun and no matter what, we were busy doing something. I miss having so many friends that I could do anything with. We never judged each other for acting too immature or too crazy. I miss that the most. Over time it's like a line was drawn for the certain ways I can act, restrictions.
Time passed by too quickly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear. 9/11 was truly a horrible tragedy.

Geo said...

I miss the days when I was young and carefree as well. How I ever became the way I am today, I still wonder.

However, when I think about the past, I tend to wish more about how I could change it. XP And/or if I could relive it again, live it with what I know now.

I find that we continue to learn and to grow in our lives. However, everything I learn now... I wish I knew then, haha.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't dwell on this of the past or things that you with you could change. Those things lead you to nowhere. You gain nothing from dwelling on those thought. No I'm not saying you should forget about those things, but just don't dwell on those thought. If you find your self doing so. Go spend time with God. Use that time for something useful. Fill that time with God instead of dwell on things you cannot change.

-C said...

Take each experience and treat it more as a lesson to learn more about yourself. We always wish for those "past good times", but I am sure that, at that time it wasn't so good. It's nice to think back once in a while, but don't let that be the thing that holds you back. Mistakes and hard times will always be there to teach you to improve and teach you to appreciate all the present day surprises that make your heart happy.