Saturday, April 03, 2010

It's Your Love

Beyond the tomb to holy skies
He rose in victory
And bridged for us the great divide
His life is our liberty

And all the praise and glory to God
We sing Hallelujah sing Hallelujah
For the King has carried the cross
He is risen from the grave


Do you ever have those moments where a person can say all the words that you never knew you needed to hear more than ever? All the feelings that were trapped inside, and all the words that I kept locked away... I had no idea the damage it was doing to me. Lately I've been putting myself down with some pretty harsh words. And who knew that the words that I say to myself would hurt so much, and up 'til now, I believed every single one of those words. From all the things that have been happening I kept thinking that I deserved all the bad things that were happening to me, and that there was no way out of it. I didn't think that being happy was a choice anymore and I blamed myself for all the things that went wrong. I knew it was wrong to think that, but I couldn't bring myself to wipe away all the negativity.

It's not like God didn't try to show me that things aren't meant to be like that but today, words were spoken that touched my heart and with this realization it really hit home. It was everything that was bringing me down, and I can finally feel like breathing again. And... that feels really good.

It's Your Love
That has saved me.

THE DATE IS SO WRONG lol, it's April 9th!!!

4 comments:

Toothless said...

God is always there with you. You are not anything Satan says you are. You are everything God says you are.

Remember, yell and I'll come running=)

Geo said...

We are always our own worst enemy. We are our hardest critic.

We choose to take the blame because we can't blame anyone else... and in this society we're bred to believe there is always someone to blame.

Sometimes. Most times, we need to forgive ourselves.

We may make mistakes, but we are NOT mistakes.

world said...

amen

glad you received so much =)

Unknown said...

That's awesome Donna!! I'm happy that you're happy...haha