Wednesday, June 01, 2011

WHY

I asked the same question around this time last year.
It was the most painful thing I have ever gone through, and the pain remains. Just thinking about it... even now... breaks my heart.
The question WHY. It's a natural response, it's the one question we all end up turning to and depending on how we decide to answer that question... breaks us, or makes us stronger.
That one three-lettered word is enough to tear us apart and pull us away from God.
I know what it's like to hurt, to regret, to throw yourself into turmoil over that one word. I know what it's like to lose yourself, and question the authority of God over it. I know it won't make sense as to why it happened 'til much later in life when we least expect it.
To be very honest. I still don't know why. What God does, I could never understand. But to trust God, even in a situation so... devastating... it'll only lead to a promise that everything WILL be okay.
And it has been.
As much as I wanted you there for my high school graduation, as much as I wanted you to be there when I got married, as much as I wanted you to be a great-grandmother so I could see you smile around your great-grand child.... as much as I wanted these things, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, you were there, and you will be there, and you are happier than you ever were, here.
Of course I miss you. But we'll see each other again. That's just another promise.

Anyways. I'll be praying for you and your family. I pray this incident could only draw you closer to God. I really do.

0 comments: