Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 5

Write about a period of time in your life where things were not so good.

Well, going back to yesterday's mention of not-so-good stuff.. it was a time last year starting around march, maybe even earlier actually. Things seemed to keep spiraling downwards and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse.. it did.
I think it was a time where it really hit me... it hit me hard that you have appreciate the people around you. Really really appreciate them. Every time I think about it... my heart breaks, the effects of those months were tremendously painful.
It went from family issues to loosing someone that I never knew was so close to my heart and it hurts me every single time knowing that I didn't realize how much I was missing until the day I lost that someone.
It was also a time God opened my eyes, broadened my horizon. Looking back now, before any of those things happened I don't think I would have been able to comprehend or even have tried to understand it. It's not that I understand them fully now, but I feel like if certain events didn't happen in that last year I would have missed an important stage in my life and moments with God like I have never known, or thought I would have cared about.
Those not-so-good periods of my life always seemed to have an outcome where I can grow stronger as a person, stronger as a believer, always, always, when I leaned on God and just yearned for it.
God is so good. Even in the times where I felt I couldn't move on from... He'll always find a way to help, heck I think He'd just create His own way out for you.
=)

0 comments: